Saturday, June 5, 2010

Cheeseburger Mac

We ate a lot of Hamburger Helper when  I was growing up and it's something I missed since becoming a vegetarian.  There's beef fat in the sauce mix, so I was thrilled when I noticed this recipe on the back of a Campbell's soup can.  I just subbed vegetable broth for the beef broth and Morningstar Farms ground "beef" for real meat.  It's a little healthier, but not by much!  Katie helped measure the broth.  She's starting to understand measurements, so I'll have to make sure she does that more often.

Katiebug, what part did you like doing the best?
Pouring the broth.
What else did you like?
Stirring.  And putting the shells in!  And putting the soup in!
Was it yummy?
Uh huh!  

We topped it with sour cream (because sour cream goes on everything around here) and both kids inhaled it.

I know, it looks gross, but it's fake Hamburger Helper.  It's not going to look pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment