Monday, June 14, 2010

A short break...

A trip to th ER and a diagnosis of a threatened miscarriage has me on "as much bed rest as two little ones will allow."  Therefore, I will be taking a brief interim from cooking.  My awesome husband will be making simple meals when he gets home from work.  I expect a lot of Kraft Mac 'n' Cheese, which is not a bad thing. It's possibly one of the best comfort foods.  It reminds me of the summers my mom babysat about a million kids, and she'd make hot dogs and mac 'n' cheese in bulk, and set a giant jug of Kool-Aid on the counter.  Ahh, nostalgia...

However, since I only have two kids to feed, and dinner is their main meal, I'm going to attempt to still get some vegetables in them.  This is why I'm glad I've been teaching Katie to cook.  The kid wields a mean paring knife, and no broccoli stands a chance against her!  With her daddy supervising, she can make sure we still have something healthy along side our comfort food.  My Bug makes me proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment