Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Spaghetti!

Spaghetti night!  And by that, I mean homemade noodles.  Katie cracked the eggs, and had lots of fun getting her hands messy squishing the eggs and the flour.  I will be more than happy to pass that task to her!

We also made cheesy garlic bread.  (Thank you, Pioneer Woman, for the recipe!)  Katie was ecstatic that I let her play with the cheese grater.  She also helped me chop the onions.  I'm still amazed at how far she's come with that!

What was you favorite part about making dinner tonight?
Mixing with my hands and making line cheese!*
Was dinner tasty?
Yeah!  Just the spaghetti.  That's all I liked.


*Line cheese is what she calls shredded cheese.


Results:  The bread was good, but I think that will be a rare treat.  It's not exactly the healthiest.  The homemade pasta is worth it when we have the time to make it.  It's something one of the kids will eat, so it automatically gets a pass!

You can find the recipe for the cheesy garlic bread here.



No comments:

Post a Comment